Thursday, March 22, 2018

BOOK LAUNCH PARTY--YA SERIES, AERENDEN, by Kristen Taber

You won't want to miss out on all the fun and prizes at the launching of the fifth and final book in the ya fantasy series, by Kristen Taber...Aerenden
https://www.facebook.com/events/1451839758257912/

Here's an old post I did to introduce the series and the author check it out...http://benjaminmctish.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-aerenden-series-by-kristen-taber.html

And here's my review of book one:
I can't wait to get my hands on the second book!
This book pulled me in right away. It had a super small lull for about two chapters, then that was it, it totally rolled forward without letting up for one minute. The ending of one chapter that talks about Meaghan's role in the new land, where she has to decide if she is moving forward with her part or not..literally brought tears to my eyes. This is a strong character, I love her.
And the ending had me emotional as well…I was totally invested in the two main characters, I care what happens to them. And the ending reflects this connection for me.

Kristen is a really good writer. She has a poetic style with her word choices at times. Some of the nuances of the other world and the way she describes the rain, or the cold wind, or a plant dying, (I wish I could instantly find a perfect example, sorry), would make me speak out loud..'ohh, that was good.'. I think there were two or three times the use of current terms in the other world, like, 'babysitter', or 'sitting on the couch' that kinda took some of the magic away for me, but not even enough to dispel the bigger picture. This is worth the read…trust me, you won't be able to put it down once you start.


No comments:

Post a Comment